Author Topic: Florence jct.  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Hidden

• Administrator
  • Reputation Stats: +4/-0
Florence jct.
« on: December 13, 2010, 05:42:21 PM »
Official standing for the Florence Jct trails.

As per the FINAL proposed plan the following trails are now CLOSED to OHV access!!!!
The APPEAL date was DEC 9th and we didn't receive any where near enough money to get the attorney back on board so there was NO APPEAL FILED.

The CLOSED TRAILS:
MARTINEZ
Overdose
Woodys Wash
Lower Woodpecker
Broken Ankle

Jawbreaker was closed a number of years ago and did not get into the "reopen" group so all in all we did better than expected. Whether we like it or not BLM must deal with ALL recreational groups and sometimes the radical non-motorized simply win. I understand none of the trails, other than Lower Woodpecker should have been closed but until our people step up and decide trails are worth a few bucks from their pocket this is what we will continue facing. These Resource Management Plans (RMPs) are good for approximately 20 + years. The last one was completed in 1988. Can we live with this??? Or is it time to step up and fight?

Please respect the final decision as any violations simply make it worse for ALL motorized recreation.

Take care.............. and watch out for your buddies!

Original post by Sandee McCullen
Everyone brings Joy to my life. Some when they come, Some when they Go!!!

chowda

Re: Florence jct.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 11:39:38 AM »
That stinks, THat is 2 TRAILS we do is that not true? we thanks god there are quite a few more down that way.

Offline Hidden

• Administrator
  • Reputation Stats: +4/-0
Re: Florence jct.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 05:12:54 PM »
Technically broken ankle has been closed. I have not run it or overdose. That is the one i really wanted to. Woodys wash was a blast, glad I made it before it was gone. A lot of Martinez was on private property so Blm has no legal right to keep it an open trail. I will miss that one a lot. Lower Woody is the one I have a problem with. And unless they post it, I will probably continue to run it till I get a ticket!!!
Everyone brings Joy to my life. Some when they come, Some when they Go!!!